Hello – Glad you stopped by to learn more about me and what I do!
What can I say? I am a born speaker coach, teacher and cheerleader.
Two of my greatest passions are Transformation and Empowerment – on the stage and in life!
I am an American executive speaker coach, Senior TEDx coach, published author, professional speaker/trainer and passionate entrepreneur. For over 30 years, I have lived and worked in The Netherlands and had a career as a highly successful global account manager and trainer in the medical publishing industry. I have two adult children, am a volunteer as an animal ambulance driver and caregiver and the Liaisson at my church: the Evangelische Roze Viering, for the English speaking expat and refugee community.
I started Successful Speaker Now in September 2011 to help businesspeople to move from Boring to Brilliant speakers.
One of my proudest experiences over the years has been to be a TEDx Coach. I have helped more than 150 speakers for TEDx Amsterdam, TEDx Amsterdam Women, TEDx Binnenhof and more than 15 other TEDx events over the years. I love being a part of this inspirational movement! Check out the TEDx Legacy page.
Some other proud moments:
- Exclusive Speaker Coach for TEDx Amsterdam Women Talent Night Competition 2021-2023.
- Exclusive speaker coach for the TEDx Amsterdam Women Startup Award finalists 2015-2019
- Exclusive speaker coach for TEDx Binnenhof 2014 and 2016.
- European Commission assigned speaker coach for the Ideas from Europe 2016 event with 24 nations present and coached speakers for the 2018 event.
- Coached 36 speakers for an IT Summit for Merck, who also bought 800 of my books for all the attendees of the conference
- Exclusive speaker coach for TEDx Amsterdam Youth and coached 12 young visionaries from age 9 to 19.
- Coached the CEO of Microsoft Nederland, Managing Director of Deloitte Nederland, Co-Founder of TomTom and the Prime Minister of Aruba, among many others.
I stepped away from my company for a few months in 2020,as I was feeling burned out and took a job as a Pursuit Coach Director at Deloitte for a few months. It didnt work out, but it made me realize how much I missed running my own business- and that my expertise and passion are valuable and that I am an expert in my field. My role as biggest cheerleader for my client also makes me happy!
Member of :
TEDx Amsterdam Women - for more than 10 years.
Women in Tech (WIT) NL, since Novermber 2022
Some great memories:
what you love and make